Friday, December 12, 2014

Facing aging in the family

I talk regularly with clients that are suddenly dealing with aging parents, spouses, siblings and in some cases, children. These people are dealing with questions like, "How do I make the home safe from falling on stairs? How do I make it easier to bathe? How do I get the mobility scooter in and out of the van?"
I am finally starting to face these same aging issues in my own family. I'm starting to see aging in my and my wife's siblings. My parents, aunts and uncles all have been gone for decades and, at 64, I'm the youngest of five children.
One of my brother-in-laws recently ended his courageous battle with cancer. I installed a stair lift for him. He said he didn't really want the lift and resisted it for awhile. Once he started using the lift, he loved it. I also found a very light weight wheel chair so that my sister-in-law could get it in and out of the cars trunk when they went out.
One of my three sisters had surgery recently. During the surgery she experienced complications which seriously affected movement. I sent her a bath tub lift and she was reluctant to try it. Now she uses it regularly.
If you have any questions about our products, please call.

Thank you,
John Sargent
Owner
www.HomeAccessProducts.com

800-514-5774

No comments:

Post a Comment